“Avoid this crowd like the plague. And if they quote you, make damn sure they heard you.”
— Outgoing First Lady Barbara Bush to incoming First Lady Hillary Clinton, 1992
In today’s face-paced, media-driven world, it’s almost impossible to avoid the media. Once reporters have their sights set on you or your organization, they don’t give up. And while many in business see the media as adversarial, there are positive, constructive strategies executives can employ to deal with the media effectively.
The Media Training Center helps executives better understand the media and what drives reporters. Our media specialists work with your team to provide common-sense communications training based on more than 60 years of experience.
Through our one-day and two-day customized training seminars at your business or at an off-site location, our professionals will come to you to help your team:
- Understand more about the media and discover how today’s journalists make news judgments. More: Media training.
- Learn how to handle the media in crisis situations. More: Crisis communications.
- Develop long-term media plans so you’ll be ready for any media situation. More: Media strategies.
- Develop a clear, focused message. More: Message development.
- Get better coverage in local media. More: Media training.
- Handle interviews better and deliver your clear, concise message. More: Interview tips.
- Build confidence in dealing with the media. More: Media tips.
By using real-life case studies and hands-on video training tools, we’ll help demystify the media for you so you can take advantage of news opportunities.
- For more information, contact Andy Brack.